Maching rockers for 12mm studs

Sabbath5.9

Neato niceo airplane glue
I searched for about 2 hours and i still dont have an answer, some say you don't need to machine the rockers for arp studs and others say you do. So what is it?

Either machine the rockers or grind the valve cover a bit so the so the stud and nut doesn't hit

ARP says to machine it. .200 deep and 1.100 or 1.200 so the nut and washer clear. I have the paper work from ARP but not on me.

Some valve covers you have to grind more on than others, it all depends on where they are made, india, china, USA. If you dont machine them down you might not be able to install the washer cause the stud is not sticking out enough. Just take the time to machine them and do it right. I did mine and it didnt take long with a sharp end mill.

Attachments

• IMG_2097[1].jpg
    IMG_2097[1].jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
arp you have to grind. no way around it. unless you like your nut with only half the threads engauged. machine shop should do it for 50-60$. i takes less than an hour.

X'S 2 and if you don't have your intructions go to ARP website and download them

I tried to run mine with just the valve cover ground out. First I blew a head gasket and I had oil leaks on the valve cover gaskets. I bought a mill and the first project was to mill my rockers. Best thing I ever did.

That's why I bought a1's. Had a burr Layin around and ground the valve covers. All done easy peasy

Back