$$ Made a mistake $$

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Ok so I was taking out a few (3) injectors out of my 98 12V to see how dirty they were.

When I was putting them back in I had a slight distraction....but we won't get into that. I was putting the last horseshoe nut back on the injector cylinder #2 when I noticed it wasent going in all the way. At first I freaked out thinking I had just stripped the threads in the head. Then I realized....which my girl friend pointed out :shake: that I had the injector facing the WRONG direction. I could get the injector loose but not back out to turn it around.

Did I just ruin the little ball on the front side or did I mess up the head? I was able to turn the injector around and thread the nut back down and everything went back in ok. No leaks....but none the less im a little nervious to the think I might have screwed something up seing that I couldn't get the injector back out. Loose to where it can spin but wouldn't go up or down.

I have never don that but i did remove my injectors so many times that the number 4 has 45* of movement. It is a ***** but i i modified a crows foot to put it in. Mine seals fines and have not had any problems. My guess is you probably did more damage to the head then the injector. That injecor body is hard, the head, not so much.

Did you creats a groove you have to find with the ball to get it out?

I did the same thig. Was about 10k miles ago. No problems so far.

I guess I will find out how much trouble I get myself into when I go to put my bigger injectors in next month. I was hoping that maybe I just ruined that pretty little ball on the injector.

When I first got my truck and went to put 370's in, 1 of my hold down nuts was seized to the injector body with corrosion. when I went to loosen it the whole injector spun leaving a groove in the bore. Never had a problem in a year and a half since that happened.

Signal 73: I think I will sleep better tonight :thankyou2: ....seriously

Next time I will take my time (38* out with 40mph wind gust)

lol... sounds like something id get into at a bad time like that. Never forget the night after christmas a few years ago it was snowing out and 20 degrees i put an exhaust on my buddies truck in my drive way.

Yeah...im known to get myself into a pinch here & there...mostly on a daily basis :hehe:

I should have smacked myself for starting as the sun was going down...getting colder and the wind was picking up to 40mph wind gusts. Under a car port with no heat. Hey I got to give it to my girl friend she stood next to me the complete time :rockwoot: & pointed out my mistake to me! :evil She's for hire BTW LOL

man i gotta love our heated and air conditioned 40x60 shop. :)

9 LIVES said:
Hey I got to give it to my girl friend she stood next to me the complete time :rockwoot: & pointed out my mistake to me! :evil She's for hire BTW LOL

:nopics: LOL

Yeah I didn't say how she pointed out the misake did I?

Time to go get building permits for the heated shop!

Back