matching torque converter to engine combo help

dpaqu

I'm close to finishing my trans rebuild (broke the plastic shift thing :( and am now waiting on shipping) Now I want to buy a torque converter but am looking for input. Here's my setup and goals.

2wd/D250 93 rclb still with the VE pump. Maxed pump with timing plate HE351cw on the stock intercooler and stock valves. Never raced it. Trans was slipping bad hence the rebuild.

Truck is not a DD or tow pig, more of very slow drag truck or Saturday afternoon cruise thing.

Some say real tight converter like the Georend 10blade 400-600 less than stock as the ve pump fuels so low and the HE351 has a reasonably tight exhaust and its not a lockup trans and I'm traction limited compared to the 4wd guys. I'm leaning toward a more normal range -300rpm from stock type converter as I'm thinking the truck will just fall on its face but was looking for input as this is likely the most expensive single part of the whole truck if I never go P pump.

If you're keeping the HE351cw on there, you can definitely go 200-400rpm lower on your stall. If you want it a little lower after that, you can use thicker fluid.

Not sure. I've never put it on a dyno. My guess is 2200-2400rpm?

Back