Mayfield ky 2.6 8/17

smoke_4_me

Calling all 2.6 trucks! Usually have a good Diesel class, and looking to keep tradition going. Pull starts at 7, anyone who wants directions contact me at 270-331-3649. Great track every year, and perfect test hook before scheid! Rules on http://www.kentenpullers.com $30 hook fee.

Engines can be interchanged between Dodge, Ford, and GM, as long as they came in a one ton truck or less from the factory. Engine must maintain stock appearance unless otherwise noted in these rules. Aftermarket intake manifolds are allowed. Engines must have an SFI approved balancer. All engines are required to have an air shutoff (rain cap or guillotine type) on the inlet side of the turbo. It must be spring loaded, so that when tripped all air is shutoff to the engine. It must be cable operated, with an eyelet near the hook point at rear of truck, so if pulled, shutoff will be tripped. No electronic kill devices will be accepted in place of a guillotine or rain cap. Water injection is prohibited, and all system components must be removed from vehicle. Ice water intercoolers are allowed. Fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, model specific pump only. The use of multiple high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps is legal. Powerstroke engines with a single factory turbo may utilize a second HPOP. Pumps from different years in the same engine model may be interchanged. P7100 pumps are allowed to run RSV ag governors. Fuel must be pump diesel, no propane or N02 permitted or any other oxygen enhancers.

So a P-Pump truck can run an ag gov, but because a 7.3 runs an S366 he's disqualified for BTS dual/terminator dual/Gen 3 HPOP's?

If your powerstroke is factory with one turbo, you can run a second Hpop is how i read it

"Powerstroke engines with a single factory turbo may utilize a second HPOP"

That line is a little confusing? The only dual turbo powerstroke ever made didn't even use the HEUI system, so no HPOP. Unless there's another application I'm not thinking of?

Rule reads the same as ppl rule book. There wont be a problem if you wanna come pull come on, as long as safety rules are met

Not gonna make anything this weekend.

I went to kenten's site to see what the rules were for future reference.

The dual HPOP rule is waaaaaay outdated. Other engines, such as ag governed P7100 trucks, are making far more fuel only power through 2.6 turbo's than powerstrokes with any combination of parts with or without dual HPOP's are capable of.

I have dual HPOP's, and no version of a factory turbo, even modified, would put me anywhere near the peak potential of my engine. A peak potential that is south of the capability of most 2.6 turbo 5.9's and 6.6's.

Not a problem, I pull because it's fun. Not because I think I have a chance in most 2.6 classes.

So I was asking mostly to find out if the tech guys knew, before I considered making the drive to one of their pulls once I get some things bolted back together.

Last edited:
If thats the only issue the truck has with the rules, there wont be a problem. Hope you can come pull some

Back