MCC Tuning HP?

CUMMINSTD

New Ride, Poor Wallet :/
Im running on the H&S box tunes that I hear can be greatly improved. Im curious on the MCC tunes. Coming from a 700hp 5.9, im missing the power it had, but i have a baby on the way so im not looking to build this one like I did the last as that cost more $$$. I love the exhaust brake function so id like to keep the charger on if possible for now. Ive heard of 12v tunes, 5.9 tunes and all, Not sure if that's any benefit or is it just sound? But what type of hp could I see with a good MCC tune for starters, or anyone that does this who may could help me out? Thanks

FirePunk just put down about 500rwhp with a stock 06, so I'm assuming you could tune to be around there. Head gaskets seem to be an issue on 6.7's though, so you'd be stuck at lower timing which would hurt your power. Get some head studs, contact a tuner you trust, and have that conversation with them.

Just my two cents.

Been reading about anarchy, think I may give them a shout

I found the stock turbo to be good to 490 or so. You may get a little less or a little more but 500 or so hp runs pretty good for the street.

Ive got a s467 I could put on, just not sure if stock fuel would spool it, or should I consider a twin setup with the stock charger. I may make mine into a cheetah 62, I did it on my 5.9 and it worked great

I can spool mine quite easily on stock fuel. With proper tuning its not a problem. Just my $.02

The stock turbo is great, but it causes alot of back pressure. especially running more power. If you really like the exhaust brake, you could look at the fleece cheetah he351ve. It's fleeces 63mm version of our stock turbo. Nice unit from what I've read. I'm running the s467 and I love it. As far as tuning there are many options. I run draconian diesel tunes from Dave. Could also look up tommygunz at anarchy. Heard great things about his mcc tunes. Also you've got ryan milliken at hardway. He is working on a lot of Efi live right now for the 13+ trucks but I'm sure he is still going at the mcc. Personally I've read good things about all 3. Once I get Efi live I will probably try out all 3

Why would you buy EFI tunes from multiple people? If you don't like one, make your own!

My 10 with homebrew tunes has made 615 with a modified vgt, I think it was either 530 or 560 with the stock turbo, I'd have to dig up sheets to see. That's with 100s and a HTT Stage 2.5

I made 550 with stock fuel, MCC from Draconian, and s472. I was told that Miliken is much better and that it would have done 600 with his tunes. I dont know from experience but Im about to try some tunes from him here within the next few months. With new tunes and more fuel, im hoping to utilize that s400 and use it to its full potential.

Last edited:
Back