Mechanical lift pump?

Valair1

Valair Inc. Clutch
For those of you running a mechanical lift pump, is it necessary to also run a electric pump to keep it fed, or will it work as a restrictor?

I also have a fuel cell and a 13MM p-pump if that matters.

Also what size supply line do you suggest?

thanks for any help in advance

No electric lift pump. Depends on the pump setup. I bought the Scheids waterman and it uses -8 lines. The one HAISLEY uses is -10 (3/4)lines I do believe.

Can't believe no one has chimed in on this...it depends on your setup obviously. You are speaking abou the factory mechanical rt? The stock factory puts out about 25@ idle iirc. According to FASS, say a 95, would add to the 25, and put you around the 35-40psi. I didnt want to use my old 95 off my 24v, so i sent it back and they upgraded the motor. I'm currently running 55-60psi from idle to wide open.
Hope this helps.

Can't believe no one has chimed in on this...it depends on your setup obviously. You are speaking abou the factory mechanical rt? The stock factory puts out about 25@ idle iirc. According to FASS, say a 95, would add to the 25, and put you around the 35-40psi. I didnt want to use my old 95 off my 24v, so i sent it back and they upgraded the motor. I'm currently running 55-60psi from idle to wide open.
Hope this helps.

No, he's not speaking about the factory mechanical pump...

Mine come from Haisley. I use -12 from the fuel cell to the pump, -12 from the pump to the filter assembly, -10 from the filter to a "Y" block, "Y" block to the injection pump is a -10 and it's dual feed. I also have a 13mm pump. Keeps 60 psi to the injection pump at all times at any rpm. Hope that helps

I was thinking from the tank to the filter to lift pump then to injection pump, i have #8 lines

You won't be able to draw through a 5 or 10 micron filter. Gotta push through it.

from phone

I have it already, trying to make sure its going to work.

I put a fleetguard base with a 30 micron filter being gravity feed from the fuel cell with -10 lines. Then -10 to the pump but the fittings are only -8 in and out of the waterman. Then I run -8 to another filter that is a 10 micron then to the injection pump. This is all per Scheids instructions.

So no problem with the 75 psi pressure on the filter? The one between the lift pump and injection pump.

Back