Metal PegBoard for organizing???

HightechRedneck

Well finally got my hutch made for my toolbox and now I'm looking for ways of doing a peg board on the inside but I'm wanting to go with a metal one instead of wood. The inside room that I have to cover is 3ft by 6ft and that's only the back. I think the sides I will do different but not set on that. So basically total it would be 3ft by 10ft needed if I do the 2 sides and back.

Now my question is anyone use the metal peg board? I have been looking and they offer two different deals. One is just holes like normal wood board and the other one has slots too. What would you guys get and why? I was leaning towards the round one due to hardware and hooks will be cheaper and not brand specific. Then it seems to be 16x32 sections for 39bucks each. I can deal with the sides having one panel each with sheet metal covering the voids. Then on the back I will need 5 sections and with the extra 8in I will have left I can use on one side.

Have you guys seen it cheaper? I don't want to put 275 bucks into peg board with only having 70 bucks on the rest of the box. I currently ordered LED 5050 110v lights that are 16ft long for 37 bucks so it will wrap all the around the top for better lighting.

Here is the tool box
ab15c01c.jpg

The frame work
cf5031c2.jpg

b476515e.jpg

Then picked up a locker too and built frame work for it and finished the box metal work

5015C90E-63D7-4732-A1A6-8260CDB3B8DE-2611-00000598FD8FDDB2.jpg

I'm now 24 and this was a weekend project I started to add on to my box for way less than buying ones. I have matching locks for it all but I need some opinions on it. I'm no professional by any means but I think for scrap metal and what I had laying around with no blue prints it turned out pretty good.

Lets here your guys opinions

If you are concerned about cost you could always use relatively thick expended metal and hold it off the wall a little bit. That should cut your cost down significantly and still function. You might also look to see what a shop would charge to perforate a sheet of steel for you.

Dads shop does have a laser. Hmm this might be the trick.

Any other suggestions? And thanks so far guys!!

Back