military injectors

goodyg92

diesel junky
is anybody running or know anything about running the injectors out of military trucks a buddy of mine told me that they are crazy and are hands down better than my f1 mach 5's (200hp) is this true?

I don't know about the miltairy injectors. Some of the big horse power guys with the sigma pump run john deer injectors. They make any where from 1200 to 1500 hp maybe even more on fuel and water only.

If i had to guess the military runs the lowest hp engines possible for durability and economy. Even then its just a cummins part. The ISB had a max power of 275 or 300 that I know of.

John Deere injectors require MAJOR machining to work. Not streetable at all.

lmao @ military injectors... like someone above said, the military won't go for max horsepower out of an application, they'll go for reliability over anything.

meanwhile, military Cummins applications have the same ol' injectors anyone else does

reminds me of when some guy tried to tell me that police interceptor mustangs all had nitrous installed on them :rolleyes:

hahaahhahahhaha thats funny a cop car with spray cops would have to much fun and start racing people then...and yeah i talked to a friend of mine and he works with a guy that runs tractor injectors and he said that it took a lot of machineing but its not that hard and not really alll that expensive they are more reliable also...

reminds me of when some guy tried to tell me that police interceptor mustangs all had nitrous installed on them :rolleyes:[/QUOTE said:
I heard that they all had switchable super chargers, like the interceptor off Mad Max? I dont know who to beleive now, your friends or mine?:confused:

hahaahhahahhaha thats funny a cop car with spray cops would have to much fun and start racing people then...and yeah i talked to a friend of mine and he works with a guy that runs tractor injectors and he said that it took a lot of machineing but its not that hard and not really alll that expensive they are more reliable also...

...If you're sticking with your vp pump, stick with your vp pump injectors... Your friends come up with some off the wall ****.

The field oil lube guy that use to service all the construction equipment were I use to work told me he had Tug Boat injectors in his CR truck. I think some of these idiots just think of some name that sounds tuff and run with it. They sure are a fun laugh.

If your looking for more power try looking in to something with a larger turbine wheel then you 66/65/14 maybe like a 64/71/14 or 66/71/14

yeah the next turbo set up i go to will most likely be a twin but the only twin setups ive seen are the ats and the BD and neither of them really jump out at me so i would prolly run a custon setup but thats a lot of money and i need to spend it on other things like a built tranny...

You should have a good look around the site, there's many vendors - as well as a few people selling their used kits for good prices

i want locomotive injectors!!

then my truck would smoke like a freight train!!!

Back