Mini Maxx problems

Hurley03

I installed my mini maxx in my 09 dodge ram and it ran perfect so i did all of my deletes and ran it for a month or so now. This weekend my egt's were not reading so i checked all my conections and the black box the probe hooks into shows there is is no power to it. so i went back threw everything and it has power to it the light just is not coming on. then out of no where it worked again but my boost was not reading. next time i started it egt's were not reading but boost was and it was this way all weekend. today i hopped in it to go to work and the screen just says initializing connection, ran it to lunch and programer worked fine with the exception of boos and egt. coming home tonight the screen just reads all 0's no matter what i tell it to read. I rechecked all my connections they appear to be good. but it still reads all 0's or says its still trying to make contact with the pickup. Over on the H&S forum it was suggested to unplug it and slowly plug it back in and let it go into recovery mode. well it will not go into a recovery mode let me read codes or install programing. Any ideas whats wrong?

Weird. I'm assuming the power pin on the OBDII port has correct DC voltage since it will boot. Not sure if there is a hard reset button on the pwb itself inside, but I know who to ask. Hold please.......awaiting an email response now on advice.

Last edited:
Response.

"Sounds like it could be a combination of things, needs to make sure he has the key ignition power each key cycle .. that will allow it to properly initialize. If that is being done, then he could have a bad OBD block.

Either way, have him call 844-330-6965 .. they will help troubleshoot it and point him in the direction for replacement parts"

Hope that helps.

4x4 Dually thank you allot, I called them up after it seemed to work but failed to download tunes and would not start. It took the guy about 15 min to have me up and running. It turns out the problem is my pyro and I think it's the black box the pyro plugs into.

Back