Model 100 pump adjustments

smokin binder

DT466 fan
So, if I'm getting this correct, loosen the jamb nut & slide that plate, then adjust the droop screw. The real question, is the governor adjustable, or is it a pre-set type of spring?

For max fuel: loosen the jam-nut and turn the slot head "screw" counter-clockwise (you want to draw the cam plate all the way in toward the oil solenoid), take the droop screw out, rotate the "finger" that rides against the cam plate vertical so it allows more throttle travel...

You might be able to gain a couple hundred rpm on the governor if you're lucky...the springs and shims are spec'd for different application/rpm needs

beyond that, some minor machining can be done to allow more throttle travel up on the control unit end of things...

hope I didn't jump off the deep-end with this one :Cheer:

Isn't there an adjustment to the spring at the back of the pump? This is on a truck engine though. I was feeling around, and it's like there's something to play with in there.

Attachments

• img068.jpg
    img068.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 19
  • model100gov.jpg
    model100gov.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
Isn't there an adjustment to the spring at the back of the pump? This is on a truck engine though. I was feeling around, and it's like there's something to play with in there.

The 1/2" jam-nut and flat head screw will adjust your high idle, but other than that there is no governor adjustment...you'd have to pull the transfer pump out of the back of the pump and add shims

Back