modify 03 harness to work as an 06

STROKETHISF350

I already have a painless stand alone for my current conversion, i also have an extra stock 2003 style harness. I was wondering if it would be possible to re pin the srock harness so i can use an 2006 ecm and apps pedal. I am wanting to do this of coarse to use EFI live but also because i want to switch to the apps pedal and get rid of the tps on the head any info is greatly appreciated thanks

I would contact lreif on here he made a harness to piggyback an 06 elm to use on the 03-05's.

Lee is a real good guy to deal with too. He thinks he has it figured out for an 03. I'll let ya know when i get the harness back. And in all seriousness, spend the money and get his setup. If you are looking to run EFILive, then it's the way to go. It's clean and simple.

Lee is a real good guy to deal with too. He thinks he has it figured out for an 03. I'll let ya know when i get the harness back. And in all seriousness, spend the money and get his setup. If you are looking to run EFILive, then it's the way to go. It's clean and simple.

there was a discrepancy between two different wiring diagrams for the 03.

so he is trying to modify the older harness to run efi with a newer computer? so confused

He uses the factory 03 ecm, his custom wiring harness, and an 06 ecm. The factory ecm is basically turned into a pcm and the 06 ecm is what is used to tune. It's a pretty nice setup. Only thing you have extra in the cab is a CAT5 cable that either an autocal or v2 hooks into. Cindy from EFILive recommended to go with his setup due to the memory space on an 03 ecm.

well the motors in a ford so i dont need to worry about alot of stuff like most people i just need the engine to function honestly i could just get an 06 ecm and harness and be good to go but i have this 03 harness so i figured i could just repin in to work

Im looking to do this also. I have a 05 CR going in a Ford also and want to use LIVE

The easiest for a conversion truck is to just get a 06 harness, ECM, pedal, valve cover & rocker box. SInce the conversion does not need to make the dash function.

Back