modifying cp3

6spd

I pulled the other night and have dual cp3s, 120% injectors, and s475. It seems I need a little more fuel so thinking about going to 150% or so injectors and would like to modify my pumps, I have a duramax on top and stock on bottom. Should I try to get the pumps flowing close to same rate or get like a 15% over for both? If I could get a video up of the pull I could get some opinions on if I need more fuel or not.

Id put the bigger nozzles in and see what RP does. They dont have to be equally modified, you can run a big pump with a stocker.

OK thanks, I thought I had enough fuel but I am thinking I don't

Why don't you think you have enough fuel? By the smoke output, what is your rail pressure doing under wot.

Do you have a fuel psi gauge also? If not i would put one in line as close to the engine as possible. You would be surprised how much psi drops at wot.

Sent from my fphone

Dual STOCK cp3's will support 900+hp with the proper tuning, I'd bet that you're losing line pressure at WOT.

Get lines to feed the rail in 2 places. The t into one line feeding the rail in the ppe kit is not helping volume to the rail.

Last edited:
OK, when I pulled it didn't smoke at all, and I have 120% over injectors, I need a fuel pressure gauge, where can I get the lines to go to the rail not to a t?

What kind of rail pressure are you seeing at WOT? Are you positive both cp3's are working? What size Air Dog are you running?

T&C has the fuel line you need, as well as any other fittings or suggestions you'll need.
What are you using for tuning?

Air Dog 200 should be giving you plenty of fuel. For your year of truck I'd ditch the Smarty and go UDC.

Air Dog 200 should be giving you plenty of fuel. For your year of truck I'd ditch the Smarty and go UDC.

Agreed the 200 is sufficient, it keeps good psi with both my modded pumps feeding 310hp injectors.
You can just convert your S06 to UDC, you can control duration and timing as well as rail psi much like efi live. Thats where you will see the big gains.

Sent from my fphone

I have been wanting to try it. I am thinking the fuel rail and injectors up to 150% and mod my cummins pump may come this winter, UDC here soon see if I can get a hook with it maybe

I have been wanting to try it. I am thinking the fuel rail and injectors up to 150% and mod my cummins pump may come this winter, UDC here soon see if I can get a hook with it maybe

Lavon Miller from Firepunk Diesel has been making great power with UDC on the same year truck.

firepunk

Danny Toops from Toops Performance is another great Cummins tuner. You can't go wrong with either one.

Home

Back