Monster Transmission ? any thoughts?

arvi5528

Anyone hear anything good or bad about monster transmission as far as quality and what kind of work they do?

Just pulled up via Google (because I've never heard of them before) and for 1700 buck complete with converter to your door, it can't be worth a darn. My .02, don't waste your time or money. Go find a reputable builder (there are several on here) or do it yourself. 1700 doesn't even buy good parts.

Depends which monster your talking about. I have heard good things about monster pump mikes transmissions.

If you're talking about the Monster Transmission at eatmyshfit.com then stay FAR FAR AWAY!

I have $3000 paperweight from them in the form of a TH-200-4R. Three years of fighting with it in my Chevelle before I went back to A TH-350.

For a diesel application...pick a sponsor on here.

The reason I ask is because I saw them featured on the television show "two guys garage" and called them and they seem to have good prices. Didnt know if anyone had any experience with them and knew the quality. thanks and would appreciate any other advice

I saw them featured on the television show "two guys garage" and called them and they seem to have good prices.
That should've thrown the flag up right there. Sorry but two guys garage is one of the worst car shows on tv right now along with truck U. Even if the product is garbage they will say its good. No im not saying monster is a bad company for your average guys saturday night gasser but when it comes to diesel; its too costly to go get a transmission by just anybody. There are local shops you may have better luck with who use products from known companies that could make your transmission hold for the same amount of money or less.

Back