Motive vs. USA Standard Gears

12vfleet

beCummin broke
I ordered 4.88 yukon ring and pinions for the front and rear axles on the puller. Well extreme diesel has nothing in stock and won't for at least two weeks. So I ordered the yukon 4.88 gears from Randy's ring and pinion but they don't have a yukon 4.88 gear set for a dana 60. So my question is who has pulled motive or usa standard gear sets and which would hold up better?

USA standards are yukons they even have the same #'s stamped on them I have USA standards front and rear in my Crawler

Sent from my go go gadget phone

I already had them two-day shipped to my house. I got yukon 4.88's for the 80 and USA standard 4.88's for the 60 from randy's. That's great info to know though.

USA standards are yukons they even have the same #'s stamped on them I have USA standards front and rear in my Crawler

I was thinking the Yukons had extra lapping to make them quieter on the street. Not needed for a puller only.

I think they told me they were from the first and last batches I'm not entirely sure but for $200 less why not go with usa

Back