moving alternator

jedeka

Has anyone found a good bracket setup that moves the alternator lower, in order to get some space opened up in front of the turbo? I do not have an A/C compressor.

if your not running an A/c compressor u could make a bracket to mount it down there. just have to extend the wires.

Yea that's what im thinking wanting to see what others have done

I welded tabs onto the ac bracket and I am running a small single wire alternator. Simple and easy. You just need to run one wire from the alternator to the battery and it works fine.

I welded tabs onto the ac bracket and I am running a small single wire alternator. Simple and easy. You just need to run one wire from the alternator to the battery and it works fine.

This who gave me my idea. I'm removing the entire bracket assembly tho to gain a little more room.

I've been eyeing up the alt. brackets on my 6.7. It is a bit lower than the 12/24v position. It doesn't drop it a lot, an inch an a bit. But it might be enough, without a whole lot of fab.

anyone have any pics and also where do you find a the small one wire alts, that run the serp belt pulley

Back