MP8 install ?

Howling

Soot Sniffer
I plan on putting on a MP8 on my truck when I get to TS on Friday and possibly dynoing.I all ready have a Quad rail gauge and boost fooler,can you still run the gauge and the MP8 along with the boost fooler.If so what is the correct order to install.I know the gauge goes first.

Thanks,
Eric

If you run the Mp-8 take off the boost fooler as it does the same basic thing plus up the pressure earlier. Depends on what you want it to fool in what order you out it really. If its close to rail it will fool everything. If it is last in the order it will fool just the computer is the way mine always works.

I ran all 3 but don't remember what order. Start it up and you will know right away if its right lol. On my 07 the MP8 did not boost fool so I had to run the quad.

i take the boost fooler of when using the mp-8

No codes on my 03 motor. Maybe it's a model year thing ?

No, its a screwy MP8 thing. I have personally owned 3 MP8's and none worked the same. 2 were on an 05, 1 was on an 06. Some boost fool like crazy, some dont at all, and some will but only after the knob is turned past a certain %. They all added pressure as advertised but the boost fooling was suspect. I have heard its a programming thing too....bullydog and boost foolers have a history....i lived it.

I run both the MP8 and a Quad Bst.Flr.

Just got my RP gauge in from BackOrder and installed tonight...gauge harness went on first the MP8...Seemed to work fine but had NO time to drive...Only free rev in Park...

you'll want the gauge in the rail first, then the mp8 after that. Otherwise the rpg will be reading fooled values.

As far as boost fooling...
on my truck, as long as the mp8 isn't turned all the way down it boost fools. If I turn it all the way to the left, it'll set codes.

my quad boost fooler is in the glove box, don't need it anymore.

Like these guys have said, try it without the bf but you may end up needing it.On my 05 the mp-8 bf'ing works great but on my friends 06 it doesn't.I have wondered if its a yr model thing or mp-8 programming also.

If you are getting overboost codes with an MP-8 it needs to be sent back to TS for repair. Simply fill out the form on our website and send it in.

Back