My 6.7/68 single cab at test & tune yesterday

Krazeeun

Hardway Performance
No lights/et due to approaching thunderstorm but I managed to get in one pass with the isspro and efi data logs rolling before the skies broke open :bang

On the log it took me 7.4 seconds to get to 90mph so I'm assuming my 1/8 time was around there somewhere, with a 3.6 sec 0-60mph time.

Still no complete control of lockup with the 68rfe installed on this one yet even with the H&S MCC trans tuning software, on paper it should lock in 2nd gear at 28mph, on the track, it doesnt lock til 5th gear at 68mph... VB is coming out this week and super secret mad scientist valvebody is going in... if all goes as planned, the stars align, i win the lottery and some other junk, i'll be able to lock it up with the 2nd stage of my nitrous controller and it'll go fast like it's supposed to.. or explode, either way, something other than mid 7 second passes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhLzMD6Xa-E

It's very frustrating, but if I/SunCoast doesnt make the 68 go fast, who will? lol

*middle finger*

send me my go pro camera back already dick bag :)

Last edited:
Did your external wastegate pipe melt the plastic cowl yet?

How bad did it melt?? Been wanting to do something similar

It's really ridiculous how much a 6.7L motor moves under load. I literally had to stick a pipe in the WG dump and pull it back so it was facing straight up again, under load the engine pushed it all the way against the passenger side edge of the hole I cut in the metal portion of the cowl, sliding the pipe in it's mount towards the driver side so when it came off of WOT, it was sitting all cockeyed in there and thats where it melted

So it only melted where it touched?

Can you hard mount the elbow to the cowl and run a peice of flex from the gate to the elbow? Figured Id do that and wrap the elbow.

I would say probably not, given the clearance issues you have to work with and how much the engine actually moves... seriously man put a go-pro under your truck looking at the oil pan and give her hell, you'll be surprised

Let me know what kind of solution you come up with....and you might wanna check your mounts!! I dont remember my shifter moving alot on and off power when I had a 6-speed. I was also really suprised by the chincy "hangers" that the engine mount bolts sit in!

I've been told that switching to 5.9 motormounts/plates is the fix, they dont move nearly as much, on the dyno my 4 door 6.7 and Ron's "Endeavor" 6.7 looked like it was trying to climb out of the truck

that thing is in second gear about the time it hits the tree... it hits real good out of the hole!

Ya 3.23 first gear with the 1-2 stacked pretty hard, it'll pop off rev limiter before I can get a chance to do anything about it otherwise

I've been told that switching to 5.9 motormounts/plates is the fix, they dont move nearly as much, on the dyno my 4 door 6.7 and Ron's "Endeavor" 6.7 looked like it was trying to climb out of the truck

May be a 6.7 thing. Of course you got a few more horses under your hood than I got as well!!

Back