My Friday Started Off SWEEEEET!

Well between hooking with the show-me smokers and a few other organaztions most of the hooks allow us to run water so we decided to go ahead and go with water and save out motors when we are at brush pulls and hook with other organaztions that do allow it. I'd say 90 percent of our hooks allow it.

Hey Brandon

can i have all of the old parts your taking off. i'll be able to build me a complete puller by the end of the season :Cheer:

Hey Brandon

can i have all of the old parts your taking off. i'll be able to build me a complete puller by the end of the season :Cheer:

:hehe: I figured it was time to step-up the game, last year broke me in to the sledpulling atmosphere so this year I took what I thought to be a winning set-up and with help made it happen :rockwoot:!
Brandon

Lets see some teezer pics of motor Brandon. All i still need is a turbo, fuel system and oh yeah, alot of time for fab work which is hard to come by. LOL Tim

I have PLENTY left to do trust me! I will have a nice thread started when I complete my build thanking all the shops and people that helped me along the way :D.
Brandon

Is that timing pointer something you built, or bought??

Chris

Yes Smokin Flatbed had it right. It is a pointer off a 302 and it did bolt right up. I just cut alittle extra metal off that was not needed and made the spacers. I think it worked out pretty slick. We degreed the motor in with the head of to find true TDC which happen to be 3* of piston float according to the marks on the balancer. Split that in the middle for TDC and bolted the pump up. Theoretically, we should be able to adjust timing simply and accuratly off the baseline with the pump being set at 25* Tim

I know one thing, i finally got all the valvetrain figured out with the springs, billet retainers and 10* locks. I shouldnt have any valve issues and be able to turn all the rpm my pump will allow.

Hey Brandon

too late my friend...there is another 24v that got the good parts from his old set-up...

P2080291.jpg

Well between hooking with the show-me smokers and a few other organaztions most of the hooks allow us to run water so we decided to go ahead and go with water and save out motors when we are at brush pulls and hook with other organaztions that do allow it. I'd say 90 percent of our hooks allow it.

The show-me smokers allow water in the 2.6 class?

I like the All Metric Wench (cresent) in the pic. What part is that for? ha ha:hehe:

it was for the pipe plug i put in the spare breather hole on the tappet cover...and a few other items that needed persuasion to line up properly

it was for the pipe plug i put in the spare breather hole on the tappet cover...and a few other items that needed persuasion to line up properly

Just bustin your chops brother, if you seen my garage you'd laugh too! The hammer is the most sought after tool.

i custom bent my ECM mounting brackets with the crescent, a hammer, and the bench vise...

Back