My truck is starting to eat injectors

jwfrauts

About 3 weeks ago my truck was missing on the top end and had a lot of gray smoke mixed in with the black. I took it to Ford and they replace #6 which was causing the missing and #4 which was leaking causing the gray smoke. I got it back and it ran better than it has in a long time. Well 2 days ago it starts missing on the top end and gray smoke. The check engine light came on saying #5. I changed the oil and put some injector cleaner in it and cleared the light. It just came back on (P0305 I think)and shows to have a multi cylinder misfire code. I was running Valvoline Syn. when all of this happened because everybody said it was the best, I just put Rotella Syn. in it this time. Does anybody know what it causing the injectors to go bad? Oh yeah I just changed the fuel filters about 3,000 miles ago, also. The truck has 81,000 miles on it and my wife keeps telling me to trade it in, but it is about paid for and I don't want to pay another 5 years for a truck.

Do you have a gauge to check fuel pressure. Oil quality is one thing. Put having fresh fuel filters roughly every 10-12k miles is very important. Some of the aftermarket fuel filters don't have the cellulose on the outside of them. That white membrane is the water seperator. Keep an eye on how long it take for that to turn from white to brown/black. If pressure is low. It could be pump related or even a possible restricted fuel pick up in the tank.

Thanks, I don't have a fuel pressure gauge yet but I will be getting one soon. I have been using the International/Nav. fuel filters in it since it was new. I have been changing them around every 15,000 miles. I was told to try some hotshot's secret in it, but I don't know if it is any good or not. It is still under warranty so I guess I will take it back to the dealer and see if they can figure it out. After I get it back I am going to put an ITP regulated return system on it, so that should help it.

I figured a regulated return would maintain more pressure to the injectors.
what would you suggest. I always get fuel from a truck stop or somewhere that sells a lot of diesel.

Back