Mystery Injectors

Yankee Dog

First post, been lurking for awhile, nice sight great info, especially the recents threads about injectors, proper spray patterns, washer thickness etc. I want to thank those involved for that. Learned a few things.

Sort related to those injector posts, a friend gave me a set of brand new 12 valve injectors. My favorite price, free! He recieved them from someone else so I'm getting third hand information. He no longer owns a 12 valve so did not need or install them.

They are supposedly Bosch injectors. They are a 5 hole nozzle. There are no markings what so ever on the injectors. I have looked closely, even with a magnifying glass. Nothing to indicate who made them, or what kind they are.

I would like to find out or try to find out what they are and I have no clue. The washers that came with them are .060 thick. Thats all the info I know. Not sure of the nozzle hole size, or anything else.

Would it be possible for me to take them to a diesel shop to have them "tested" and hopefully narrrow down what they are (flow rate, spray pattern, etc?).

Or option B, buy a known value replacement nozzle and install them, and give em a try, or option C, install em and see what happens? Of course watching for egt's, boost levels, smoke etc.

Have not messed with injectors before, and my truck is running the original stock 180's which are probably tired. Just looking for a point in the right direction, and thanks for your help, YD

you can take them to a shop and maybe have the pop off pressures tested.
there should be a P/N on the injector somewhere but maybe swing it past a cummins shop or an injection/pump shop and see what they say
otherwise buy a set of known injectors and send them things in for a core charge

aw come on, live on teh wild side and throw them in and see what happens! Most likeky they are not anything too fancy if he gave them away, but you never know.

Back