NADM June 13 Union Grove Wi Pull

all i can remember was Garret in Black Ice took second and Overfueled took first IIRC

I think you are right in super street it was

1 overfueled
2 garrett in black ice
3 michael tomac
4 mike conklin (me)

and in 2.8

1 michael tomac
2 a black dmax with a no limit sticker in the back window I dont remember his name ... sorry
3 mike conklin

Congrats to everyone. Sorry I couldn't make it. Seems as though all of the SS trucks made their way to Missouri after being in IL the night before.

I clamped the springs it helped a little, the truck hopped bad and snuffed the turbo in the 2.8 class, in super street it hopped a little

mike- truck sounded awesome! :charger: hopefully ill be getting out there soon and pull with everyone!!

Mike,

The truck did sound good,to bad you had a nasty hop.

The black Dmax is owed by Jake Thompson,it was its first time out had a few issuse but he is working on them.

Everybody did a great job. Good hooks on a poor track are tough.

Most all of the trucks met safety spec, nice job,thank you!. Several didn't, and weren't allowed to pull. Exhaust up, crossbolts in, blankets, shields, etc!!!

My apologies for the track conditions. The promoter has asked, begged, pleaded, for the track to be taken care of through out the year and the fairboard ignores him.

The main issue is the 6000 seat metal grandstand that funnels all the water it catches out onto the track. Where, after years of demo derbies and pulling it has a perfect bowl shape.
The result is a light sprinkle turns into standing water on the track, that shouldn't be there. The track needs ditched on the sides and crowned on the middle after every event. The water from the grandstand needs gathered and piped away.

If you local guys could hound the fair board to get this done, I would expect better turn outs in the power classes.

Its a shame for a facility and community as nice as Union Grove, with good dirt and plenty of room to pull, and an excellent promoter in Dennis Thomas, keeps letting this small problem ruin good events.

Oh and see what you can do about moving Chicago out of my way to Wisconsin.

4 trucks.
Me
Dave Radzierez (Overfueled)
Michael Tomac (class jumped)
Mike Conklin (also class jumped)
I thought Wes came down to pull saturday night, but I guess not.
Everybody did a great job. Good hooks on a poor track are tough.

Most all of the trucks met safety spec, nice job,thank you!. Several didn't, and weren't allowed to pull. Exhaust up, crossbolts in, blankets, shields, etc!!!

My apologies for the track conditions. The promoter has asked, begged, pleaded, for the track to be taken care of through out the year and the fairboard ignores him.

The main issue is the 6000 seat metal grandstand that funnels all the water it catches out onto the track. Where, after years of demo derbies and pulling it has a perfect bowl shape.
The result is a light sprinkle turns into standing water on the track, that shouldn't be there. The track needs ditched on the sides and crowned on the middle after every event. The water from the grandstand needs gathered and piped away.

If you local guys could hound the fair board to get this done, I would expect better turn outs in the power classes.

Its a shame for a facility and community as nice as Union Grove, with good dirt and plenty of room to pull, and an excellent promoter in Dennis Thomas, keeps letting this small problem ruin good events.

Oh and see what you can do about moving Chicago out of my way to Wisconsin.

The grandstand side track was **** on friday night, not sure how it was saturday night but it rained my whole way home on friday night.

Yeah, the track is normally a lot nicer, need more time to prep it during the day and like sleddy said put a nice crown on it when not being used.

Sleddy, you guys could always take the boat across the lake to get around Chicago!

if someone would just build a jump that connects to 30, i think i could make it. i have thought this through before the trip and it comes down to that or pontoons on the superduty

Mike,

The truck did sound good,to bad you had a nasty hop.

The black Dmax is owed by Jake Thompson,it was its first time out had a few issuse but he is working on them.

Thanks, the truck feels realy good, I just wish I could figure out way it hops, every time it pulls it has somesort of a hop to it. Jakes truck looks like it will be a strong runner

Back