Need Help ASAP (no dash/tail lights)

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
so here is the deal, my e99 did not have door lights from the factory, i added some led lights into the door as well as re installed gauges that were wired in from the pre.owner, everything was fine and dandy tell the other night, i flipped on my lights only to find that my dash lights didnt work as well as my tail lights, checked the fuse and it looked fine, tossed another in it just to try it and still nothing. i un did all the wires i had ran (just tapped into the power from the dome light and ground to door skin) and swapped fuses again. still nothing worked. used a test light to see if i even was getting power to the fuse and i am NOT getting power. what do you guys think is wrong?

where the previous owner "tapped" into the wire for the gauges i founf out that the wire was cut in half from the tap, spliced it back together hoping that would be the fix but still no luck.

what exactly would i check on the switch and how would i go about that?

Here is a diagram, instrument lamps are pulse modulated like a square wave version of AC electricity.

Attachments

• dash illumination.pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
Here is the exterior lamps.

Attachments

• exterior_lamps.pdf
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
Check the headlight switch.

i dunno if it would be a bad headlight swtich tho as my headlamps still work and the switch still lights up? a memeber over on PSN said he had the same problem and his was casued by a short at the "junction" in the main wire harness. he said it was a tan wire going from a single to a 6way split under the brake booster.
i looked to try and find it but was overwellemed by all the differnt wires i seen. anyone else know what/where this is?

Back