Need help figuring out twin turbo size

collinmaune

I have a ford with a 12 valve in it im re working. Swapping the Zf6 for an Nv4500 and wanting to replace the hx35 over s400 for a different setup. I can get a s475 with the 1.32 ar housing for a good price and was wondering what a good top turbo would be to not overlap the primary but not be laggy as well. Im running 5x16 injectors 215 pump with 4k springs 141 delivery valves. Also benefits of running a gated turbo vs an external ED waste gate. or not running a waste gate?

I can't help with the turbo sizing but don't swap those transmissions the zf6 is a way stronger transmission. If you twin that truck the nv4500 will hate you and you will hate it.

I didnt like the ZF6 at all it shifted funny to me even after it was freshly rebuilt.I could never get it to stop rattling either. I know they are strong transmissions but i just was not a fan of them.

Wait until you get a taste of the NV4500.... You THOUGHT you hated the ZF6.

I would strongly advise against compounds and an NV4500 together. 4th gear is about the only gear I was ever comfortable got WOT in my 01 with compounds.

I have a set of ATS twins on my 95 Dodge, 57mm and 71mm, small turbo has an internal gate. 600rwhp with very good manners, and drive pressure is still close to 1:1.

Back