Need help picking a programmer or chip

grueny

My buddy has an 06 with just an exhaust and egt and boost gauge. He wants to get more out of his truck. he is a farmer so me likes to be able to shift on the fly. he doesn't want a ton of power were he has to spend more money. What is out there that he can uses and works good. He is going to do an intake. who makes the best for the duramax? thanks for the help guys.

No need for an intake on an o6 + Just modify per PPE instructions. Shift on the fly capability has you limited to edge or TSPerformance pretty much. EFILive is about to release software on a switch but is complicated and requires a laptop to use. PPE is not on the fly but I would reccomend

ok thanks were can i find the instructions to moddifiy the air box at. is it at ppe website? Yea i was looking into the new edge that they have. has anyone tried it?

Ive heard good things about the edge EVO, but IMO a shift on the fly programmer may not be the best thing because the tranny wont like the sudden power increases when it has been run at a lower level for quite a while. Hes already got gauges, talk him into a good downloader, or buy a tow tune from an EFI vendor

I really like my Edge juice with attitude. Its shift on the fly but Im just waiting on the Dsp5 switch next

he wanted the shift on the fly cause he is always changing back and forth. my buddy has the ppe hot plus 2 for his and loves it but this buddys just wants that shift on the fly and something simple with out spending alot of money. i know what u mean about the tranny. cause u always need to relearn it when u increase the power. He is not going to go much more than that for a while since he is working a lot and is busy using the truck on the farm. later on down the road he will do the tranny and then maybe more but not now since it is his first diesel.

Back