Need help turning up a yanmar

jgendr

Yankee Redneck Transplant
Hey all, Some of you know me and some of you dont.

I've got a Yanmar FX28D 4X4 tractor that I'd like to put somemore OOMFF into. Essentually the FX26, 28,32,42 all have the same Motor according to the manual that I have, however I don't have a shop/parts manual for them. I'm looking to turn up the injector pump and turboing it to see what I can get out of it. I'm thinkin since the 32 and 42 are turboed and mine isnt I should be able to get 32 - 42 hp out of this little beast. the 32 and 42 have an IHI RHB5 turbo and Im lookin for one or I'll retro a VW Rabbit KKK to it.

That's not a big deal, however I need to learn how to turn up the pump.

Also is there anybody close to Mississippi that has a line on a PTO Dyno? I'd like to baseline and see what improvements I am making.

Thanks

JG

The 3 cyl yanmar diesel in my JD 332 mower has a metal cap on the side of the pump. Pry it off and give the screw a couple twists.

Here is what the pump looks like on my yanmar.

Where are you talking about?

Attachments

• a224_1.jpg
    a224_1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 79
  • af1d_1.jpg
    af1d_1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 61
  • b6ca_1.jpg
    b6ca_1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 55
  • a8da_1.jpg
    a8da_1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 48
Oh, thats completely different, mines got a rotary style pump. Sorry I can't help you out... :doh:

Can you get a manual for it? A lot of times you can figure it out with a manual...

Last edited:
See the hydrant looking thing on the back of the pump. Remove the top half, loosen the bottom half, turn the screw outward for more fuel, tighten the bottom nut and put the top back on.

Thanks Inline!!!

I'm also looking for a VW Rabbit Diesel Turbo to get more air in the Yanny .

Lets see what this little baby can do!!!:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

I can help you turn it UP. I will come over there with My Mahindra and take my loader and turn it Up....UPSIDE DOWN that is. Soo as i get a trailer I am coming to your house with my Tractor to establish domination.

Back