need help w/ programers for 02 dodge

Hey there, been lurking for a while and i need some input on this issue.
My dad recently picked up an 02 Cummins/auto and he has thought about getting a tuner or chip. I have a 02 7.3 w/ and I have used TS and Diablo and liked both but i don't know jack about the 5.9 when it comes to finally getting a tuner.
I did some research and was thinking an Edge since it has the ability to act as the tuner plus a full gauge set and it can be adjusted on the fly should he need it. He'll uses for pulling his 5th wheel unk size or when the weather is bad and he can't ride his bike.
Any thoughts here is appreciated and needed. BTW, he'll be doing the normal intake/exhaust soon. I don't think he'll ever add injectors or another turbo so if that helps w/ brand selection so be it.
thanks.

First things first - aftermarket lift pump otherwise he'll be replacing his VP sooner than he might think.

Over the ~60 hp modules - Diablo, EZ, Powermax, you'll have trans or converter issues. Keep that in mind especially if he wants to tow with it.

even w/ a basic tuner a new lift pump is needed? even if so, what type and what the heck is a lift pump?

He has been eyeing a new tc from suncoast after i mentioned it.
I figured an edge, tc from suncoast a BHF and a 4 or 5" exhaust should cover the basics.

even w/ a basic tuner a new lift pump is needed? even if so, what type and what the heck is a lift pump?

He has been eyeing a new tc from suncoast after i mentioned it.
I figured an edge, tc from suncoast a BHF and a 4 or 5" exhaust should cover the basics.

Lift pumps supply fuel to the injection pump. It depends on what you call a "basic" tuner. Are you talking about something that taps the pump wire (over 100 hp gains) or a smaller module (~60 hp)? If he just wants a bit more power, the smaller module would probably be ok with the relocated in-tank lift pump, but I would be very hesitant to run anything more without an aftermarket lift pump.

the vp(24valves injector pump) needs fuel, else you can ruin that injector pump.

get an airdog, pricy but worth it.

i was thinking of getting him a powerpuck from diablo, i really liked their tuner in my truck, more so than the ts i have in it now but i liked being able to go back and forth or i was thinking of the edge attitude since it has the monitor.

i was thinking of getting him a powerpuck from diablo, i really liked their tuner in my truck, more so than the ts i have in it now but i liked being able to go back and forth or i was thinking of the edge attitude since it has the monitor.

I have ran the powerpuck. It's not a bad choice.

Back