need help with missing 6.0

highroller54

Hi Guys, I'm super stressed. I parked my truck for the winter and just brought it out. Last year it ran perfect and it sits in a heated garage, started it a couple times. Anyways it idles fine and if your on the throttle it seems to have full power with no miss but at a steddy speed (cruzing) it misses really bad and coughs into the intake, sometimes when you hit the throttle a little it will do nothing then puke out some blue smoke then go. I'm going to through it on the scan tool towmorrow but I'm not a diesel tech by anymeans (slowly learning) and I have no check engine light yet. I so far have only drove it for about 20 minutes but ran it up the mountain at 150 kph, but that didn't help LOL

injectors?

you could just have air in the oil lines or fuel lines....Run it awhile and then see

run it for a week or so..sounds like sticking veins..sometimes they will work loose over time..they need to be run hard every once in a while

^^^ really? It runs like it missing on one cylinder, everytime it hits on that one it pops into the intake. Like a bad plug or wire on a gasser. I'm a cert. auto tech just stupid when it comes to diesel's lol.

I would bet that your turbo vanes are rusty, and its sticking open. The miss you feel is the turbo surging. DO you have a boost gauge. I would bet its stuck wide open, and boosting to the moon.

It was the worst at about 1200 rpm at 25-30 mph. I dont even think it would be making any boost, foot barley on the skinny pedel. Had a code p0299 for underboosting but I think it was because it was running so poorly and backfiring into the intake.

yeah..take it to the dealer..its under warraty..I am assuming you are still under warranty..other wise you can pull the turbo and tear it apart and get the rust off the veins..I would just drive it..hard..for a few days..some times they will unstick on their own..thats why they shouldn't be parked for very long at a time..

Thanks for your help!!, I think my warranty is up for the turbo but I will check towmorrow.

In canada we get 3 years 60,000km's bumper to bumper, 5 years 100,000 km's (60,000 miles) engine. My truck has 30,000 but its a 04. Our warannty sucks compared to yours and we pay way more for the trucks.

don't know where you got that idea . you have 160k on the engine at least mine in Alberta does both the03 andthe 05

Back