Need help

dooishman

Hopefully i got the right place to ask but i got a problem.
i have a 2004.5 dodge cummins i bought it had a piston melt down on number four and scarred the side of the chamber. we are about where we are gonna be pulling the motor. So me and my pops and uncle are waiting to put a used cummins motor and we are looking for the same year but there is not any. i was wondering if i could put a 12valve or a 2nd gen 24valve even and early 03-04 common rail in it with any major modifications. it has a g56 4x4 tranny and is lifted 4inches crewcab and shortbed. if we could, could u guys give us an idea what we have to do to make everything compatible.

Stick with the CR! 03 thru 07 If you use the 03 04 the injectors are different but will work with your ECM. Hell I'll sell you a motor Fresh rebuild zero miles! 6500 delivered you keep the core!

Stick with the CR! 03 thru 07 If you use the 03 04 the injectors are different but will work with your ECM. Hell I'll sell you a motor Fresh rebuild zero miles! 6500 delivered you keep the core!

does anyone know if i can stick a 12valve on it? so that we arent just limited to one option.

Do you not understand? Any motor from 03-07 will be a direct bolt in. Even the 07-09 6.7 will work if you use all 5.9 wiring and ECM. So basically you can take your pick of motors from 03-09 depending on your skill set. Sure you can put a 12v in but IMO your going backwards and it is not a direct bolt in.

Do you not understand? Any motor from 03-07 will be a direct bolt in. Even the 07-09 6.7 will work if you use all 5.9 wiring and ECM. So basically you can take your pick of motors from 03-09 depending on your skill set. Sure you can put a 12v in but IMO your going backwards and it is not a direct bolt in.

awesome thank you man!!!

I second, sticking with a CR. Having owned a VP fueled 24v and a CR, I would wait until you can get your hands on a Common Rail!

Pull the motor and have it bored .020. If it's really bad put a sleeve in that cylinder. Send the injectors out to a company like exergy and have them tested. Stick with a cr.

i hit a problem like stated above i bought a 2004.5 dodge and i found a motor and it came off a 2005 auto. i have the g56 already bolted up to the motor and as i was hooking up cables i was gonna plug in the apps sensor but i couldnt find the male part of it to plug under the throttle housing. did the 2005 models didnt come with one? or am i screwed

Most 2005 up models had the sensor attached to the accelerator pedal. Something doesn't add up. Did you use your trucks original wiring harness? Did your truck originally have an engine mounted apps? It sounds like you are using the 05 harness, which most likely had a throttle pedal mounted apps. If so you have a couple options as I don't believe the engine mounted apps trucks come pre wired to accept a throttle mounted apps.
1- Use the original 04.5 harness.
2- wire in your own pigtail to use the engine mounted apps.

Most 2005 up models had the sensor attached to the accelerator pedal. Something doesn't add up. Did you use your trucks original wiring harness? Did your truck originally have an engine mounted apps? It sounds like you are using the 05 harness, which most likely had a throttle pedal mounted apps. If so you have a couple options as I don't believe the engine mounted apps trucks come pre wired to accept a throttle mounted apps.
1- Use the original 04.5 harness.
2- wire in your own pigtail to use the engine mounted apps.

i think i will be using the 04.5 harness.

Back