Need pump advise.

Woodchuck

Dan, could you check your files and tell me exactly what FASS system I have? I won the HPLP at the TDR May Madness rally in Vegas in '05 and upgraded to the FASS system. I'm pretty sure it's a 150/95.

I would like to know if you recommend an upgrade to the pump. I’ve got a Smarty and TST stacked and was draining my rail pretty easy with just the Smarty on TNT SW#2. I just installed a stage 3 CP3 and it still seems like fuel is lacking .

I know I need a draw straw at a minimum but is the 95 GPH enough for up to around 600 RWHP, also can I change the regulator spring and get more pressure out if it?

Thanks,
Jacobus Degroot

Dan, could you check your files and tell me exactly what FASS system I have? I won the HPLP at the TDR May Madness rally in Vegas in '05 and upgraded to the FASS system. I'm pretty sure it's a 150/95.

I would like to know if you recommend an upgrade to the pump. I’ve got a Smarty and TST stacked and was draining my rail pretty easy with just the Smarty on TNT SW#2. I just installed a stage 3 CP3 and it still seems like fuel is lacking .

I know I need a draw straw at a minimum but is the 95 GPH enough for up to around 600 RWHP, also can I change the regulator spring and get more pressure out if it?

Thanks,
Jacobus Degroot

I show you do have a FASS 150/95-1008 Kit. 95 GPH should be fine up to 600 HP.....have you checked inlet pressure to the CP3 at all? THat would tell you real quick if you were runing out or not. If you have positive pressure at all, you are not running out of fuel on the supply side.

As for the pressure, you can adjust the pump up to 80 PSI (With yours being older, I think that acutally is 45 PSI as the T-block spring didnt get updated to the 80 PSI spring until July 4th, 2006.) SO with that being said...we can get you springs to adjust it up if you wish. ALSO..your SN tells me you have the older style motor as well. You do have the option to update to the newer style motor with all the current updates for 175.00 if you wished. Also carries a 4 year wnty you can register. AND we can also upgrade to 150 GPH at that time if you wanted...the ONLY issue is that pump can only run about 20 PSI max......

I do not have a guage hooked up to the low pressure fuel supply. Just the rail pressure guage built into the TST. I'm just going by how it feels and sounds when it starts to cut out, miss or stumble. I know I should have one but it's all a matter of money and time.

Let's see if I got this right. The pump motor I have can go up to 45 psi at about 95 GPH +- but the 150 motor can only go to 20 psi?

Could I upgrade to the 200 motor and or pump?

dan. i'm building a 12v w/ a 13mm p-pump on it.... it's gunna flow about 1100 cc.... as advertised.... which fass pump you recomend? thanks

Back