Need some advice on my 96 12v build

ntrirish7

Alright I'm looking to get some bigger injectors, I found a good deal on some 5x.020's, but I'm not sure if my current set up will be able to support that injector. My truck runs pretty well now, smoke clears up pretty fast and it only has a haze at idle. I think I have plenty of fuel but I still might get the pump benched to squeeze out a little more. Not sure how much my turbo will support tho. Is there anything I need or that should be tweaked? Or am I running a good setup to run the 5x20's?

Here's my current set up:
hamilton 188/220
22* timing
130# valve springs
KDP
ARP studs
Maxspool pushrods
5x18's
4k gsk
Full Cut DV's
Misc pump work
AD 200
.020 head gasket
Stage 5 built trans, everything but billet input
PDW exhaust manifold
PDW turbo (currently trying to find specs)

What are your HP goals? Max and balance your pump first then if your not satisfied get the bigger injectors. That will be cheaper than the injectors anyways.

For the moment I'd like around 650-700, eventually more. Thats what I thought, I didnt know which would be easier since I found a good deal on the injectors.

** Also turbo is a 63/68 with a 70 housing **

Throw a 480 under that 63 n get ya a billet input shaft before u break that u have plenty of injector

Agreed^^^ Get a billet shaft first, then run a S480/96/ 1.10 -T6, you have plenty of fuel for that set up

Those are all good ideas, I didn't really read about the air side of things.

oops meant I dont have a billet intermediate shaft, I have billet everything else.

@lostnwalmart what should I put in if I ditch the full cuts?

I'd like to keep a single even if it's large because I'd like to slowly convert it to a puller.
So single S480? and keep my current injectors? Or buy the 5x20's?

single s480 is gonna be super super laggy, def not a good choice for a DD truck as a single, if you wanted to go the puller route some day I would get a S475/83/1.10 or 1.25 and run it as a compound set for now, then when your ready ditch the 63 and run the S475 as a single with a .90 A/R or a 1.00 A/R T-4, you can buy the smaller housing separate later down the road

As far as DV's I would run 191's, I wouldn't sell the full cuts, I would keep them around, you will probably want to use them again with a big single once you go the puller route

Last edited:
I guess its a good thing I kept that twin piping around for so long. I'll put the S475 on my list as well as the 191's. I'm assuming I should stay with the 5x18's? Thanks for all the help guys!

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys. I'll put my money towards the turbo instead of the sticks

Back