Need suggestions/help/advice for western rules

dzchey21

Single turbo 6.4
I have been running the NSPA this last season and the rules are pretty goofy

basicaly we have a work stock class 2.5
street diesel 2.8 (twin turbos are allowed) 2.8 big charger 2.5 small charger
super street 3.75 big charger 3.0 small charger.

Problem is, we dont get a great truck turn out. work stock usually pulls 10-15 trucks, street pulls about 6-8 truck depending on the night, and super street is 3-4 trucks.

I guess my deal is where do we start? How do we get more trucks to show, things around here are definatly alot different than back east. Like stated in another thread, there are tons of trucks in the parking lot, and not on the track, I dont have alot of pull in what happens to the rules but i would like to have a legit suggestion to supply for next year.

Here is a link to the rules if anyone wants to scope them out
NSPA - Class Rules for the National Sled Pulling Association

Thanks for any help guys

8K lb in WS is gonna knock out half the parking lot trucks if weight is tech'd...

Personally you guys I believe are having the same issues that we are having up here in Canada... Over powered trucks on crap tracks with a heavy sled don't put on a good show!

My advice would be to make the rules follow those in the mid west exactly!!! Having such a mix of rules even on the other side of the country or North of the boarder isn't a good thing and I think alot of others will agree with me on this statement.......Loose $hity tracks and major HP with 80+ psi of boost don't really go together.

The other tuff part for you now which is what happened at our last years meeting....the guys already have twins or big big singles...they are totally against going smaller!

Ryan

8K lb in WS is gonna knock out half the parking lot trucks if weight is tech'd...
I agree on that one, most work stockers dont make that much power either, a stock 6.4 would pretty much dominate, but making weight would be so hard to do.

First thing i was going to suggest was 8500 lbs for work stock
Personally you guys I believe are having the same issues that we are having up here in Canada... Over powered trucks on crap tracks with a heavy sled don't put on a good show!

My advice would be to make the rules follow those in the mid west exactly!!! Having such a mix of rules even on the other side of the country or North of the boarder isn't a good thing and I think alot of others will agree with me on this statement.......Loose $hity tracks and major HP with 80+ psi of boost don't really go together.

The other tuff part for you now which is what happened at our last years meeting....the guys already have twins or big big singles...they are totally against going smaller!

Ryan

Sounds very familiar Ryan... if you watch the vids its always loose ass tracks.

I think that they should adopt NADM rules as well. For me the 2.8 class is too much, and its hard to street drive a 6.4 on a 2.8 charger...

Most of the guys running the 2.8 class are ATS trucks running an A5000 over a A3000 which meets the rules perfectly (what a coincidence) and i doubt that any of them are going to change there set ups to go to a single charger... The street diesel class for the most part is a true street class, most of the truck show up under there own power, not on trailers, I have left on one, but never showed up on one LOL

... if you really want an "honest" WS class, regulate that they can't leave on a trailer either! :hehe:

LOL well i dont run work stock since i have been running a single charger, and to be honest the charger that i have been running doesnt make any more power than what stock 6.4 turbos will make, Its not really the work stock class that im worried about growing, as they have a decent turn out, its the street diesel classes and stuff that, the classes that should put on a really good show.

I still htink we need to make WS just stock turbo and 8500lbs, but just for fun. No points or payout. Then add a 2.6 class, a true 2.8, 3.0 and open. Not twins in anything but open, and no has to be street driven BS in anything but WS.

I agree, the 2.6 classes these days are unreal, Most of us cant compete in a 2.6 class with a true street driven truck (there are exceptions) but i think that the 2.6 classes these days put on such a great show, that we shouldnt try to take away from that, there has just been too much technology added that we need to let the sport grow... i agree with that, we just dont have any true 2.6 trucks

The other thing, i have been reading alot of the other threads going on about changing 2.6 rules, and im starting to side with the guys that say let it be. I do this because it is far more exciting to watch a high powered 2.6 class, rather than a work stock style 2.6 class.

Around here, starting in a 2.6 class would be alot like a 2.6 class 4-5 years ago back east, so it might be an ok place to start.

So far what im going to bring to the meeting is

8500lb work stock

Follow NADM rules for 2.6 2.8 3.0 classes

This should allow for trucks from all over the country be able to come in and pull, without some goofy rules to try and meet. I think that alone will help people show up and pull at events like truckfest, where most of the time its the same guys that pull the local circuit anyway...

Im definatly up for more advice.

I agree, the 2.6 classes these days are unreal, Most of us cant compete in a 2.6 class with a true street driven truck (there are exceptions) but i think that the 2.6 classes these days put on such a great show, that we shouldnt try to take away from that, there has just been too much technology added that we need to let the sport grow... i agree with that, we just dont have any true 2.6 trucks

The other thing, i have been reading alot of the other threads going on about changing 2.6 rules, and im starting to side with the guys that say let it be. I do this because it is far more exciting to watch a high powered 2.6 class, rather than a work stock style 2.6 class.

Around here, starting in a 2.6 class would be alot like a 2.6 class 4-5 years ago back east, so it might be an ok place to start.

So far what im going to bring to the meeting is

8500lb work stock

Follow NADM rules for 2.6 2.8 3.0 classes

This should allow for trucks from all over the country be able to come in and pull, without some goofy rules to try and meet. I think that alone will help people show up and pull at events like truckfest, where most of the time its the same guys that pull the local circuit anyway...

Im definatly up for more advice.

I am with you on the classes, but I think we should pull rules from back east so guys that run out here could go back there and pull with little changes. Hard to take Jeffs truck and throw it in a 3.0 class back there, and not really fair to put him in the mod class back there with a stock tranny and tcase. I am all for the 2.6 being hot trucks though. I feel bad knowing I should be in a 2.6 class and pulling against those guys.

I am with you on the classes, but I think we should pull rules from back east so guys that run out here could go back there and pull with little changes. Hard to take Jeffs truck and throw it in a 3.0 class back there, and not really fair to put him in the mod class back there with a stock tranny and tcase. I am all for the 2.6 being hot trucks though. I feel bad knowing I should be in a 2.6 class and pulling against those guys.

You and me both man...

Is there anyway to get ahold of jeff? I dont have his number or anything, but i was going to see what his thoughts were on all of this, i know he is getting kinda tired of the way things have been going.

You and me both man...

Is there anyway to get ahold of jeff? I dont have his number or anything, but i was going to see what his thoughts were on all of this, i know he is getting kinda tired of the way things have been going.

Yeah he is my brother in law, and I work with him. Ill see him in the morning. PM me your number and I will have him call you, or he will be in Erie in a few days if you want to get with him then.

We are kind of in the same sitution out here in Cali but have slowly been working toward NADM rules. Not sure if it will help you guy's or not but below is a link to the rules we have for our four classes: Stock, Street, Super Street, and Modified

http://www.mlm-motorsports.com/rules.html

BBD

We are kind of in the same sitution out here in Cali but have slowly been working toward NADM rules. Not sure if it will help you guy's or not but below is a link to the rules we have for our four classes: Stock, Street, Super Street, and Modified

http://www.mlm-motorsports.com/rules.html

BBD

Did I read thet right they alow unlimited single or twins in SS and mod? Those are not too bad but I think the SS trucks dont need a full interior and working lights and all the BS street equipment.

Yeah he is my brother in law, and I work with him. Ill see him in the morning. PM me your number and I will have him call you, or he will be in Erie in a few days if you want to get with him then.

dont think im going to make erie, supposed to have my baby very soon. I might make pueblo just not sure.

I like some of the rules better, and dont like some of them, its hard to make the leap from stock to 2.8

BBD what kind of turnout do you guys get at events?

Back