Need suggestions on fuel and timing setup for 500-600 hp

porschecoyote

My goal is to build a daily driver that can tow 3-7k in Colorado 5-10 thousand ft elevation
Start in the winter cold 10-20 last 100k get over 15 mpg and make 500 to 600 hp

What I am working with

97 crew cab 4x4
3.73 gears I think
Good auto generally tow in 3rd lock
37 /12.50 good years on heavy 2 peace bead locks

Motor so far

Std boar block balanced crank and rods mahly pistons homemade girdle
Ported o ring head intake and exhaust, arp studs, stock valves, shied street cam, motor sport diesel runner intake w grid heater
.120 fuel lines, ats ex manifold, pdr hx40 over pdr ht3b.

Looking for suggestions on injectors, timing and pump setup as all my other builds have been with first gens and don’t know what sort of fuel it will take to get there.
thanks

I would start with a smaller set of tires if your worried about mpg. Are you going to have your pump benched at a shop? I want to say your timing will be dictated on how much fuel you want to throw at it but that will also add to a little bit of a harder start.

Weston is a great source of injectors and DVs as well

500-600 is easy.

How big you want to go on injectors depends on how much you care about how much it hazes when you first start it up. I run 5x18s in my 95, and it has been fine down to 40 deg so far. My 89 with 5x25s and no grid heater smokes like a train when it starts. Most people run 5x14s or 5x18s, but I like the bigger injectors. More power capability, and with some tuning, you can still tow clean. I picked up 50hp by going from 5x14s to 5x18s.

Those 37s and 3.73 are going to hurt you in the long run. I would also be suspect of 3.73's unless you put them in or know who did. Check the tag under the hood and if its still there it will tell you axle ratio.

Mr. ON THE MOUNTAIN is familiar with power at high elevation lol

5x14's, twins and timing at 18 degrees netted me 520 rwhp on a no-load dyno. Daily driven, starts just fine to -30C. I'm running a little more timing this winter, it doesn't like the cold as much, but still hasn't failed me.

Back