New 7.3 guy.

BrewTown

New member, not new to diesel. I've owned my 7.3 ZF6 since '07, had an 05 6.0 from '17 to '22, and currently drive an '00 7.3 Excursion. Company had a LB7, and I also had a vp44 truck for over a year.
I do still own the ZF6 truck, but it needs help.
I also own a 1960 F100 that someday will get a full chassis swap, and a (you guessed it) 7.3... Big plans, all I need is time and money.

Biggest reason for joining currently is I'm looking to Allison 6 speed swap my Excursion. Thinking this may be a decent resource with experience.

Currently the Excursion is waiting for my 230/100 injectors, which requires the trans. I did put the KC38R on in anticipation. 283k on the dash.

Welcome to CompD. Are you a member of PSA? I askbecause I am sure I have seen that user name over there.

I to am looking to put a Allison into a 7.3, a OBS though. I have most of the parts rounded up for the swap. But am hesitant about giving out part number till I know it works. I am going with part from a 7.3 school bus. The sae housing is used,the the housing on the 08 Allison I have will need to be swaped out to a SAE housing. I have all the parts other than some odd connectorsand the tuning software. But I am sure when the rubber meets the road I will need more than that.

There is a thread on here discussing whats needed to do a Allison swap.

Yes sir! Same name at PSA and PS.org. I was actually hoping to get some info on that from you. Thinking tomorrow I'll start a thread with some questions.

Yes sir! Same name at PSA and PS.org. I was actually hoping to get some info on that from you. Thinking tomorrow I'll start a thread with some questions.

Sounds good. I knew I saw the name before. If I can awnser any questions, I would be more than happy to.

I did make that thread in the Conversions forum.

I added a profile pic, I think. Do I need more posts for it to show? Not sure where those rules are. I'll look...
I'm an idiot. Figured it out...

Last edited:
Back