New clutch going in tomorrow!

displacedtexan

$500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Well I ordered my clutch Tuesday, and it was on my porch when I got home Wednesday:D Valair Kevlar/Ceramic with the HD hub.

I just picked the flywheel up from being resurfaced a few min ago. I'm as giddy as a school girl. Now to drop the tranny and put the new stuff in.

Congrats youll like it, i was the same way when i got mine, its working out to be a great clutch

I've never heard of anyone not liking theirs. Hopefully I'll be able to put my injectors in next weekend... Really be a different ride then:D

I'm not exactly sure how to get the shifter off. 99% positive that it just unscrews like on the newer NV4500, but with a wrench on the stub shaft on the top housing it feels like it's twisting, not unscrewing. I'm fixing to go drop the driveshafts, and check back here. It's not left hand threads is it?

Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure how to get the shifter off. 99% positive that it just unscrews like on the newer NV4500, but with a wrench on the stub shaft on the top housing it feels like it's twisting, not unscrewing. I'm fixing to go drop the driveshafts, and check back here. It's not left hand threads is it?

Thanks.

Not sure what you're saying. I think mine only had a few bolts for the plate and it just lifted out.

Also---you didn't get the 13" upgrade?????

The little square shaft of the shifter comes off by pushing down on the little insert around the shaft going into the top of the tranny and twisting it counter-clockwise. Then you have to bend your floorboard up to be able to clear the top of the tranny when trying to pull it out.

Is that what you were talking about though?

Nice! At least you're upgrading your trans and not scrambling around to find whatever you can taht will get your truck running again!

Find a used one yet Brant? Did you shell the thing or what? Alot of times its simpler than a whole tranny.

Also---you didn't get the 13" upgrade?????
No, the clutch I have will hold more than I will push in the next 3 years at least. If I wind up going twins at that point I'm going to go BIG, and need a dual disc.

The little square shaft of the shifter comes off by pushing down on the little insert around the shaft going into the top of the tranny and twisting it counter-clockwise. Then you have to bend your floorboard up to be able to clear the top of the tranny when trying to pull it out.

Is that what you were talking about though?
Yep. Wound up calling Nick (BowtiedCTD) and asked him. That is the most illogical thing I've ever seen.

Got everything out except the flywheel. I forgot to grab my break over bar, and my Dad doesn't have one. Couldn't keep the flywheel from spinning to get the bolts out. Gonna head back over there at 8 and wrap it up. Should be all downhill from here:D

tristan -- not yet -- but will find out on Monday..

and Nick -- good luck and I expect to see you and your trucka t our next meet!

It's in Brant, and I love it. I hope to be at the next meet. Yall still wanting to do a dyno day in Wichita?

I sent the gentleman a PM about helping set it up -- no word yet, but yes -- gonna try to get it going in KS too!

No. The most illogical thing is the top caliper bolt on the rear of an 04 dmax.

Glad your getting the clutch in. It'll be neat to see how it runs.

It's running great. I do love it Rick. It's maybe a little rougher engagement than stock, still great manners IMHO with a little more pedal pressure, but I actually like the stiffer pedal.

As soon as I ship this harness out I'll have the money to replace these junk Isspros and put those sticks in. And by that time the clutch should be nice and broken in:evil

Back