New Garmon Diesel Tow Tranny

DavidTD

DPM
for Penny's 04.5 3500. SWEET!

I got a single disk tow tranny which has Phil Taylors converter in it. This thing is very very cool.

I watched Jeff put the tranny on his tranny dyno where he tested everything from pressures and lock-up to shifting and stall speed.

Rick and Kyle installed the tranny and after Rick and Jeff road tested it, I went for a spin. As it shifted, all I could say was wow. I can tell you this is nearly stock shifting under light pedal, then as you increase pedal, the shifts increase in firmness but never approach what I call a harsh shift. This is huge to me when pulling a heavy load. It's just easier on the whole driveline. Jeff has made it possible to have good line pressure without the harsh shift and no gear bind.

I had the dyno with me today (congrats Phil on that 923hp fuel run :rockwoot:) so I also had to pull it home. At 22k gross, again the tranny was just perfect. Better fluid coupling to get the load moving and same nice crisp shifts. Something else that was a minor change, was when the tranny went for a gear. The truck always seemed to shift into 2nd gear too soon IMO while pulling from a start. Now it's perfect.

If you can't already tell, I really like this tranny. And for those that don't know, Penny's truck is completely stock but works it's tail off.

Jeff, Phil, Rick and Kyle, thanks for everything. I get to unhook the dyno in the morning so Penny can go get feed. I'll let you know if it passes the boss' test. :rules:

Awesome David!!!

That's great to here! The tranny's seem to be getting better and better from the Garmon gang!! That tranny dyno is worth it's weight in Gold, huh!!

BTW......Dang Phil!!! 923!!!! Really!! Schweet!!!!!!!

Penny gave it a thumbs up!!! Says it was like stock accept seemed to have better pickup. :Cheer:

Phil has his single disc holding some big power, but this one will be towing the dyno around the country getting a real world beating.

That's awesome Dave, I've been wondering how those DPC singles were. Also congrats to Philis on the new number! Sorry you guys couldn't make it to the shop yesterday, we had a huge time!

Back