New Member in East Texas

Sharpie

Hello Everyone, I live here in East Texas, known around my little town to be a mechanic/welder by trade. I am self-employed and have my own little unfinished 30'x40' shop. I am 29 years old and love those Cummins diesels, BUT I do work on just about every make and model of vehicles, some tractors and I do quite abit of welding too. I have a 95 Cummins 12 valve 2wd dually, with 5 speed, limited slip diff. and 3:55 gears. Normal setup:hehe:. No I've been messin with mine too.:bigsmile: When I bought this rig approx. 4 yrs ago, it had 228k showing on the odometer. It had been turned up some and had a little rough idle....SO a little later on I ran a compression test, best cylinder 450 psi, lowest cyl. 370 psi. anyhow I ended up with two weak cylinders and 4 fairly decent cylinders.

I went ahead and done a valve job or had the machine work done at my local machine shop. I purchased 4KGS; 330hp injectors; HX SUPER40 Turbo w/ 4 Downpipe; 60lb. valve springs; cold air intake; torque tube; new head bolts/good gaskets; gutted the AFC; built my own fuel plate; shaved delivery valves (little bit).

I installed all this stuff and advanced the timing and turned the pump up more, ........ and man u talking bout s**t and git!:D I love driving this truck, just a little press of the throttle and it lunges. Yet the old engine still has its rough idle from the compression difference, it now has 278K miles on it and is still strong. :kick:

Welcome to CompD.. Glad to have you here.

Sounds like you have an awesome truck.. Gotta love the 12v.. How long have you been a machanic??

SWEET Welcome aboard:rockwoot:

What part of East Texas. I'm over in Jasper

Welcome from another Texan! I live near Fort Worth, but my family has some land over in Beckville.

Back