new pump,new injectors, white smoke

mikej

Banned
Just installed a new injection pump new injectors went through every step to insure everything was clean and torqed to perfection.cranked it up idled great warmed it up then took it for a drive all was good till hard throttle.i saw the white smoke,after one mile i got home let it idle motor sounded smooth but when i would rev i had white smoke and a small miss at mid throttle.ill go back and recheck valve lash,do a compresion test.if anyone knows of something i might have missed please let me know.

I take it this is on your 96... pump gear slipped time.

Last edited:
Just did injectors on an 07 5.9. I reused the tubes, because they looked perfect. # 5 ended up getting trash in it. Pump shop tore down inj and cleaned. Runs great now. It was white smoking and running rough. Mainly on startup

yep im thinking cross over tube as well,can you lightly buff the ends of the tubes to clean em up or just junk them all and start over.

Throw the tubes away and get the new style. Most likely the old tubes are the cracked.

Yea I will prob never reuse original tubes again. I've done it several times, but this last one bit me hard!

well here we go tanking injectors out sending them back,will for sure get new tubes for next install.I dont even want to think what else it could be.*bdh*

Back