New race truck project

Yesterday, in the Las Vegas Craigslist, there was a 95' 2wd 12 valve Cummins, single cab long bed for $3200.

Dump about 4K into that and you'd be well on your way to low 12's high 11's. If, after running the Dodge for a year or two you decide you still want to do a swap, steal the drive train from the dodge and put it into something cool like the Ford F-250 you posted.

Its already been said but i doubt the twin I beam is going to do you much good....

And yes a 47re can work....you just gotta make it full manual shift :) like mine haha

if your dead set on a ford body you're better off putting it on a dodge chassis. Much less fabrication and a much more solid platform. There are quite a few rolling chassis' for sale for cheap.

side note: the tags for this thread are :lolly:

Mike definately has some good advice for you. Overbuild where ever you can, that way as you get faster you arent re-doing things. Pick a realistic goal for yourself. If you want to end up with a 9 second truck make sure you put the correct rear end in to start with. Maybe look at doing a back half on the frame to accomodate a 4 link coil over setup. Always try to build your vehicle to your end goals. My .02c

Mike definately has some good advice for you. Overbuild where ever you can, that way as you get faster you arent re-doing things. Pick a realistic goal for yourself. If you want to end up with a 9 second truck make sure you put the correct rear end in to start with. Maybe look at doing a back half on the frame to accomodate a 4 link coil over setup. Always try to build your vehicle to your end goals. My .02c

Um this is a drag truck build, not like drag it behind something, like drag race... Therefore he probly won't be using any of your parts there mr. Pat:hehe:

Back