New to Cummins need advice

jmmartin0208

Im new to cummins and figured this would be the place to get the answers to my questions.

The truck im looking to buy has been built pretty well I think but there are a few things that I could use some insight on.

First, the truck has 200ddp injectors and a 62mm HX40 turbo. Will that push enough air?

Secondly, this is gonna be my daily driver will 200hp injectors be to much for daily driving? Truck has industrial injection Hot Rod pump, South Bend DD, FASS with vulcan draw straw, freshly built 5 speed, 110# springs, edge drag comp.

Thanks for your help.

I am going to assume this is a 99-02 truck, so I would say move up in turbo size to a S300 64 or so at least. As far as 200s being too big, that is up to you, if you dont mind the characteristics, then they are fine.

Good luck with the truck, what did you have before?

It does not sound like a daily driver. If this is your first diesel you may be better off buying something stock and take you time on the build after doing a lot of research.

This is my third diesel. I've had a stock 97 powerstroke and currently drive a 02 powerstoke with stage 2 injectors,garret 38r turbo, custom tuned. I just don't need a dually anymore and want little more power(or alot).

I'm ready to make the jump into the dodge world. If a bigger turbo is needed it will be my first investment. My powerstroke is smoky but I don't want something that is so smokey it's embarrassing to drive.

Thanks for the input so far.

i daily drove a 01 with 240's and a 64, wasnt so bad. was smoky in low rpms. i had head work and a cam. with that set up im sure your gonna run high egts. good luck

The largest factory sized HX40 is 60mm so unless that truck has a custom built turbo, it will be 60mm not 62mm.

I used to daily drive a 99 4x4 with 150 HP Jammer Injectors and a 60mm He351 turbo. It ran well and even maintained stock-like towing characteristics when the Quadzilla Adrenaline Fueling Box was turned down.

Forgive my ignorance with 7.3's but being an 02' your truck has PMR's right? I need a work truck more than a pull truck these days..but not if it is the PMR engine.

Back