new to dmax

jimbob5.924v

just wanted to see what you guys think . i am a cummins guy and am suppose to trade for a 2001 auto with 200,000 on it. the truck has a chip and no work done to the tranny. i dont think it is a big chip.

my question is do you think i should trade and do you think the tranny could be damaged? i havent drove the truck yet and i wanted to get some signs that might show damage to the tranny.

another question i have is if the trany is good what do i have to do to it to hold up to towing or pulling with a good chip? i dont want to go billet but i do what to make the truck hold its own

Do you know what brand the chip is ?
We'd have to know what cab/bed/drive conf. is on both and what your use for them is to determine if it's a good trade or not. how many miles on yours?
I'm all for the DMax even at those miles, but hold nothing against the cummins or dodge.
When you look at it check and see how old the fuel filter is. If it seems like it's been there for a little while it can effect tranny shifting since the TCM bases shift points off of torque tables. As power decreases due to a clogging fuel filter, shifts may be delayed/sluggish. One thing to look for is torque converter shudder at those miles especially.
Call Mike Loverich at Inglewood Transmission for upgrades. He has some budget kits available.

mine is a 2001 5spd sb qc 118000miles 4x4 and a lot of add ons. his is a crew cab 4x4 sb.its under the dmax's for sale. its blue.he seems like a cool and honest kid i just dont want to get screwed again. i had to put thousands into my dodge after i bought it for $17,000. i finally got it good and i dont want another truck that i will have to fix.

if it's a base stealth it's 135hp, but the race tuner is 215hp. if that's the only mod he's probably not running the race (would need a lift pump/intake/exhaust/ect.) the trans will most likely limp from a 30-40 punch if it is hurt bad. but there is a chance it won't too.

Back