New To Site

1500cumminsal

Dodge Ram AL
Hello,

Awesome site..I found the site after I searched the net for Jeff Garmon. I read a article in the Diesel Power rag about his 1500 5.9 Dodge and have wanted for sometime to swap a 5.9 into my 4x4 Sport 1500. Why swap vs buy new..I own the 1500 and it only has 65k miles ..and own a Dodge FLTT with a 5.9..dana 70/80 and also 1988 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 with 35s ..Don't want any truck payments and most 2500 people want a good amount forso I thought I would swap the 5.9 into the 2001 Sport 1500....the 1500 is a daily driver I don't beat on it ...and it has never been off road, I use the 89 PW for that...so the front axle may last until I source another front axle. Since I have the complete 97, they are HD and rated to flat tow over 70k pounds...Airforce uses them to tow air craft on the flight lines ...the brakes are massive and stop the thing on a dime...it weighs over 9k ....awesome....I plan on talking to Jeff before I begin so I can fully understand the issues....I plan on puttin a 2500-3500 set of springs on the front/rear and upgraded the front end with DTT equipment....This is an awesome site and I can tell byreading the posts most of the folks here are really great to work with.

I life in Alabama and the Folks live in Griffin Ga not far from Jeff, how cool is that on top of that the 97 Dodge is parked at the Folks house....cool or what ...

Back