New to this site

Twisted Steel

Hello all, I've been a long time reader to this site, seems every time I search google for info this site comes up, so I'm here to enjoy the vast array of knowledge here.

A little info on me, I'm 60yrs old, I have been applying performance coatings for over 15 years as a hobby mostly for local racers, I'm a fitter/welder by trade, I do custom welding for friends, headers, intakes etc...

I have been toying with the 6.5 diesel a lot longer than that, I know they aren't a big HP motor, I just always liked them. I have a back ground in alcohol & nitro motors but very little of that transfers to my specific diesel engine.

I have tons of r&d in these motors and have developed things that have proven to work. The area I'm lacking and not finding any knowledge is cams, this is why I decided to join, to see if their are any knowledgeable cam folks here that may also know about the old IDI engines..

I don't plan to sell anything here, maybe if the subject or questions of coatings come up maybe I can provide info, that's all.

Thanks, Chris

Welcome To CompD.

If you wanna know it about Diesel, it can be found here.

Most if not all of the biggest innovators in the industry are here as well as parts suppliers, mechanics and diesel nerds...then the rest is full of us looking for info and having fun.

Welcome!!!

Use the search bar and you will find all you can ever ask

Welcome my friend this is a good site but a lot of guys don’t get on here like they did! I too would like to learn about cam’s I had a guy on here that build’s custom cam’s try to explain it to me I think it just take’s time unless your just a Natural at the art of them.

Good luck

I always liked 6.5's, they were a good motor in their day and still work pretty well. I'd take one over most gassers for towing. Wasnt there a 6.5 specific forum out there? I seem to remember reading a bunch of stuff somewhere when I was working on one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm on a few 6.5 forums, they are mostly dead now, very few people post anymore.

Their was a cam guru 10+ years ago that had developed a new cam grind, he wouldn't post any specs for it, and it required the stock cam to be welded as new blanks haven't been found..

I have searched and read countless hours, finding a cam person is easy, finding a cam person that knows the 6.5 well enough to make first hand comments is a different story..

Thanks fellas, I'm very willing to spend the r&d money, just need to find someone that has the right software and the willingness to work with me...

Back