new tranny sliping

mandly

let it eat
i have a 2003 allsion that was rebuilt with a suncoast stage 5 three disk converter 2200 stall 700 miles ago. when i put about 90hp on it when the converter is locked up the tranny slips but dont limp. i was wondering if that meant the converter is slipping not the tranny? also befor i had the tranny rebuilt it sliped but when it did it didnt make any huming or buzzing noise or any vibrations. now when it does it make this humming or buzzing noise and you can feel a real little vibration.
thanks Jarrad

First thing there isn't a stage 5 rebuild. The 5 is a complete unit.
Has who ever installed it put in a suncoast kit before ?

im sorry it is a stage 4 hit the wrong button. ya thats all he sells is suncoast

If he's a builder I really can't suggest anything. What does he say about it ?

he thinks its the converter. he told me that you can check converter slip with the scan tool on efi live but i cant find the place to check it. and if that is the problem he is going to send me a new one. do you know how to check it?? thanks jarrad

Sounds to me like a bad bearing that's scattering pieces through the planetarys...ouch!

Not sure as I don't do my own tuning. Only thing I seen was the DVT controls where you can monitor pressures and hold a gear.

ya i use the dvt controls when i pull to lock it in gear...but not sure how to check slip. and how does a bad bearing make a tranny slip lreiff???

drill the holes larger in the pump or the valvebody..and if so the new valves would not fit would they

You can log a run and then check it with your EFILive scan. TCCSLIP will let you know how many rpms it is slipping.

Back