Nissan UD 1400 exhaust brake function???

smokecrx

hi guys, im new to diesels but I'm pretty savvy otherwise. ive got a 99 nissan ud 1400 and i just bhad to put a trans in it because it was burnt up. after replacing the trans i realized the reason the trans was blown was because the owner was downshifting it to slow the truck because the exhaust brake is inop. i have checked for vacuum (good) solenoid function (good) actuated the flapper (good) all i can think is I'm not getting signal to the solenoid to turn engage it. so i checked the switch ( dont have a diagram but there is a circuit that has continuity with switch on and doesnt with off so...im guessing its ok?) checked all fuses in the box i can see (no idea if theres a fuse block i dont know about?) but i dont have a cover so????the throttle is closing all the way...????where do i go from here?? any help is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

hi,
some trucks with exhaust brakes have a gas pedal switch, so brake only works when you lift off and its switched on.
do you know if it has one?

yes, as far as i know it does. im not sure how to test it though. ive checked the adjustment and the throttle is definitely closing all the way???

switch should have two wires, cross them out and see if exhaust brake stays on.

Back