Nitrous kit

Jordan Koehn

I found a used nitrous kit for a pretty good price and I'd like to get to get it. I didn't order my exhaust manifold without a wastegate flange though. If I had, I would get a wastegate.
I'd like to just run a small 50 HP jet.
Does anyone have input on this? I'm worried about drive pressure. I thought it would be cool to have a cut off switch so when the drive pressure hit a certain level the nitrous would shut off. I'm not real sure that would work in practice.
Someday I want to get 80% or 100% over injectors and 85% over cp3. This nitrous would help keep me happy till then. Plus nitrous is kinda cool though I would definitely hide the system best as I could. My truck is a daily driver. Thanks!!

If I were in your shoes, I'd investigate the cost to refill the nitrous bottle. After doing the math, you'll probably decide a new turbo or turbo(s) is a cheaper long term power solution.

In my opinion, nitrous is only useful for competition, not daily driving power boost.

ive ran upwards of a 250 shot on a bone stock 01 with ddp 240's smarty and stock head bolds tourqed down. not saying it was safe or practical but it was fun.

We put a 500 horse wet kit on a stock 4.0 ford Ranger years ago...didn't even make it one pass. LOL
There were pieces of piston ring in the upper intake. LOL

We put a 500 horse wet kit on a stock 4.0 ford Ranger years ago...didn't even make it one pass. LOL
There were pieces of piston ring in the upper intake. LOL

Sounds like gasser stuff to me.....diesels like 500 shots :hehe:

Not so much,, lol...

With that nitrous kit I would be really worried about overspeeding your turbo.. definately loosen up the factory wastegate,, to give you an idea, with my old silver bullet i would be around 55 psi on fuel only, and when spraying I would be around 80 psi

Back