No fuel return from P-Pump?

dodgediesel4x4

I'm trying to increase my fp to my 215 pump (I'm around 23ish psi right now). My fass is a 95gph pump and my buddy said to put a valve in between the return and fillerneck hookup. For some reason I am not getting any fuel returned to the fillerneck, not sure why. I guess the ip is bypassing it somewhere. Any ideas on where to start?

PS- I do have the higher psi spring in my fass pump and my milage is crap right now, 12 mpg...when it used to be 15ish before I put in a 4k kit

Well when i did the swap i did lots of checking and to actually get the 40-45 psi you need everybody told me i had to buy an upgrade kit that upgrades the motor. From everything i can see 28 is about the max they can put out without frying the motors. They wanted 375 for the upgrade for mine and then it void the warranty. So bottom line is i sold the fass for 450 and bought a brand new pure flow for 499 for a 12 valve. The only thing i found different was the fuel neck adapter for the return line.

The air dogs for 12v come set at 30 psi.Also how old is the over flow valve on the injection pump?

For the record I'm the buddy he's talking about and that's how I did my fass and it worked perfect for me.

It's no wonder he can't make it to 500hp. LOL
For the record I'm the buddy he's talking about and that's how I did my fass and it worked perfect for me.

The filler neck return is only for aerated fuel being returned from the FASS/AirDog or what ever you have. Fuel returning from the pump should still return to the tank like normal. I'm lost on your description of valves and fuel lines...:confused:

Return line going from the fass to the filler neck. The pressure spring is behind that fitting. So you install a valve there to restrict that flow which up's the pressure on the fass.

Return line going from the fass to the filler neck. The pressure spring is behind that fitting. So you install a valve there to restrict that flow which up's the pressure on the fass.

Talk about hillbilly rigging!!!! That would definitely keep an AirDog from working properly...fuel/air separation...not sure about a Fass. No wonder 500hp is so hard to hit! :poke: LOL

Back