no headlights

This where you need a power probe lol. They are sweet for figuring out this kind of problem

Do you utilize the tilt steering much? Could be a broken wire in the column.

i would try a new combo switch, if the markers are working the fuse for the headlight /markers is good or its a bad headlight switch . must of the time if it's a wiring problem you will still have high or low or one head light that still works.

Well got home and tested the high beams (never actually checked yes im a dumbass LOL) and they work in the midfle of the jettas wheel bearing replacement then to the truck.

Last edited:
Well got home and tested the high beams .... and they work

Don't laugh, but I once replaced the multifunction switch because the lights only worked on high beam. Believe it or not, both low beam elements had burned out and all I needed was two new bulbs. The same thing also happened to a member of another forum, so check the bulbs first.

I did LOL now something weird has happened, I have low beams again but one is high beam and one low. The high beam light is half on and has been since I swaped housings. Wtf?! Oh well at least I can drive it now LOL

mine were flickering on and off. i went to lmc truck after i tested everything and wired my lights on relays. new everything as well

Two pages and noone mentioned a bad ground. Lol

Bad ground.

when the light don't work at all 99 % that its not ground. as there is more then one ground in the headlight wiring . but have the right info helps :hehe:

at least it's figured out

It would be strange for both to go out at the same time, but I had to replace both my connectors for the lamps, at different times. Might check the wiring just before the lamp connectors.

Back