No tach or alternator

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Moved the batteries to the bed on my 95 scsb. Now I have no tach and the alternator isn't charging the batteries
Which wire controls these? Its a 95 2500 2wd.

I think you might have forgot about some ground wires maybe that tie into the harness, I've had similar problems.

As far as I know there wasn't any loose wires when I got done with the move. I don't remember ever cutting and moving tach wires.

There are a few main chassis harness wires on the batteries as mentioned. Did you re wire those to the back or put the on the chassis somewhere? If all you did is move batteries then it definitely sounds like a ground issue.

There's one ground on the drivers side probably like a 12 gauge wire just to the left of the removable piece of the radiator support and one on the passenger side that is attached to the fender brace behind the factory air box. Also check the gap on your CKP.

Yes check gap on the (ESS) engine speed sensor. Suppose to be .049 to .051 I believe. Mine was bad and I had the exact symptoms.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

^^ double check your crank position sensor. This is most likely your issue, unplug, test and re connect.

Back