Non cad axle internals inside cad axle

Iceman1404

Have a 02 non cad axle with a bent control arm bracket have a 2000 cad axle and am wonder if all my internals from my non cad will fit inside the cad axle? Thank you

From what I've heard everything previous to 02 has the cad on the axle, 02 does not because they started using those axles in 02.5 for the 3rd Gen 3/4 tons, my truck is late 02 so it has the non cad axle from the previous years

The removal of CAD was a cost savings for Chrysler, the 03+ don't use the Dana 60.

Oh ok, so do you know by any chance if I take out my guts of my non cad axle and put them in the cad axle would everything work?

You are looking at having to change the oil seal structure, possibly have to drop out the carrier.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

It'd probably be easier to rebuild the control arm mounts, as long as the tube isn't bent.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have done this. I have a 2000 that I removed the CAD and replaced with solid chromoly axles from EMS offroad. You do need to press in seal housings and seals, both of which came with the axles from EMS. To do this you need to remove the carrier as one of the seals presses into the tube from the carrier side.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back