NOS overspeed

It all depends on how much nitrous you're using. I'm not worried about overspeeding my 62mm at 52psi because it lives at 60psi normally. That's also non-intercooled boost pressure, which is the equivalent of about 45psi intercooled (maybe even less). I don't know what those HE351's pop at, but I would run both gates open and jet up the nitrous until you see a boost number you don't like. You may run out of fuel to burn before you ever get there.

On larger turbos you can also overaccellerate the wheels which will explode them also, but on the smaller ones it isn't as much of an issue.

That was kinda my plan, just start small and work up. I guess the best part is if I do hurt the turbo, stockers are cheap! Id like to keep boost around 40psi, and use the nitrous to do the rest. I guess (and that sometimes gets me in trouble) that as long as I have enough wastegate, I could run as much nitrous as I ever wanted to.

Still need schooling on the external wastegate and any recommendations for my setup!
Thanks in advance!

I just bought a used NOS kit, I have twins (62-12-65) over S475, so whats the safest way to spray with my setup?

Can someone recommend a external wastegate that will work with my setup Prefer the kind pancaked between the turbo and manifold. Drive pressure control is my main concern!

Can someone recommend a external wastegate that will work with my setup Prefer the kind pancaked between the turbo and manifold. Drive pressure control is my main concern!

ENGINEERED DIESEL - WASTEGATE SYSTEMS

You can source a wastegate from Ebay. Then you will need a spacer off your manifold. Then you can feed it into your downpipe.

Has anyone ever fed the atmosphere? I know WOP has a 6.4 EGR delete that feeds behind the engine.. not into the DP.. never seen such a thing..

To the OP Good luck sir!

ENGINEERED DIESEL - WASTEGATE SYSTEMS

You can source a wastegate from Ebay. Then you will need a spacer off your manifold. Then you can feed it into your downpipe.

Has anyone ever fed the atmosphere? I know WOP has a 6.4 EGR delete that feeds behind the engine.. not into the DP.. never seen such a thing..

To the OP Good luck sir!

U talking about feeding the exhaust from the wastegate to atmosphere? Yes, many have, in fact, watch the vid on the first page of this post, and notice the flames coming from the wastegate pipe

I do it the other way with a ton of wastegating and big hits of spray. My truck Makes 60psi of boost with both gates closed, and 35psi with both a 38mm external, and internal gate on the S300 open. When I hit the nitrous (.135 jet) boost jumps from 35psi to 52psi, even with both gates open. Since I don't spin a lot of rpm, I'm not too worried about my turbo exploding. I also manually turn it off before I let of the throttle so it doesn't backfire, AND it is also wired on a hobbes pressure switch so it won't activate below 15 psi. Nitrous is a lot of fun, ya just got to be safe with it. Here's a video of my dyno run........as you can see, the nitrous hits SUPER hard, so if you don't have enough wastegate, you'll for sure need a controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4xq1nrKl74

I need to gate my 64, any should I go with a 40mm JGS or a 50mm? 40mm is nice and small so I'm leaning towards that...

Last edited:
Back